Microsoft is ending software support for the Windows embedded OS from 2018, with key dates as follows:
- 10 June 2018: End of life for Windows Embedded CE 6.0
- 9 June 2019: End of life for Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld
- 4 January 2020: End of life for Windows Embedded 6.5 Handheld
Our embedded electronics design team at ByteSnap Design can advise on your options, and answer those all-important questions, including:
- What is scale of the migration?
- Which OS best matches your requirements?
- Do you really need to switch everything now?
ByteSnap can help you migrate Windows Embedded to Linux or Android
We have deep knowledge of both Windows Embedded, Embedded Linux and Android OS and can evaluate your current software and apps to determine the best strategy to migrate from one platform to another.
The ByteSnap team will provide an honest appraisal, helping you make informed choices when considering a move to Android devices, single-purpose embedded devices with the benefits of Embedded Linux or another platform such as iOS.